(A) Strategic Planning and Project Management
• Assist the Academic Director in leading ABLI’s strategic efforts and organising ABLI activities
• Assist with identification of and communication with legal experts from around the region to participate in ABLI activities
• Stay abreast of legal convergence-related trends and developments through relevant reading, attendance at conferences, and networking, and provide regular updates to BOG
• Develop short-term and long-term strategies for cultivating relationships with key stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region
• Identify key government, business, legal, and academic leaders throughout the Asian region
• Introduce the work of the ABLI to key stakeholders in multiple sectors, and provide opportunities for them to engage directly with various aspects of the ABLI’s work
• Provide direction to and oversight of ABLI’s Project Manager
(B) Business Development/Marketing/ Outreach and External Communications
• Establishing business networks and partnerships, identifying and meeting with stakeholders in the region to introduce the work of ABLI to them and provide opportunities for them to engage directly with ABLI’s work, promoting and disseminating ABLI publications, continue to develop ABLI’s brand.
(C) General Management
• Corporate Governance, including reporting to the Board of Governors and Advisory Board, convening meetings of the Board of Governors and Advisory Board, managing the relationship with SAL (preparing Senate papers etc.).
• Financial Management Reporting, including reporting to the funding agencies, corporate fund raising, assisting the finance team in the preparation of the SAL Budget, ABLI’s Annual Financial Statement and Annual Charity Report and generally managing the resources available under the budget.
• Statutory compliance matters, including ACRA filing, and audit.
• Events management, including overall responsibility for events organized by ABLI and events in which ABLI is involved (hosting a session, as panelist)/attending.
• HR and other Administrative Matters, including providing leadership to subordinate. This will include direct support, appraisal of staff.
• A law degree with 6-8 years’ experience in a legal-related academic, government or corporate environment
• Strong written oral and interpersonal skills
• Some regional travel
• Attention to detail