Are you passionate about startups across ASEAN? Do you have the analytical skills, business savvy and the background necessary to help drive the AWS business with venture capital (VC)-backed or accelerator and incubator (AI&) supported, high potential startups and help further establish Amazon as the global leader in the cloud computing space within the startup ecosystem?
As a Business Development Associate within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within startup communities and the venture capital ecosystem.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Analyzing VC and A&I portfolios to identify business opportunities for AWS
· Developing scalable mechanisms and programs to manage relationships with specific groups of VC and A&I firms and to help their portfolio companies have a great experience with AWS
· Collaborating with team members on high priority projects impacting Startup BD's efforts to get, grow and keep the best and highest potential venture capital-backed startups on AWS.
· Create, maintain and deliver analysis and reports on the startup ecosystem
· Working closely with the AWS sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term opportunities.
· Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Some travel may be required.
Ensure all high potential startups have full awareness of and access to the resources Startup Business Development, AWS, and Amazon offer (people, programs, credits).
Identify and engage top startups in Go-To-Market and other partnership-oriented opportunities.
Increase AWS affinity and drive AWS adoption via engagement in one-to-many startup/founder ecosystem events in the field (AWS-led and 3rd-party, large-scale and intimate).
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to analyze and assess our efforts in the startup segment, as well as the poise, professionalism and passion for startups that will give them credibility with investors and startups. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to dive deep in to the data to help AWS’s global organization achieve results.
· 5-8+ years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, venture capital/principal investing, business development or corporate finance rotation
· Bachelors Degree
· Passion for startups –understanding of how startups operate and the unique characteristics of startup ecosystems and communities in ASEAN
· MBA or equivalent work experience.
· Experience working for a startup, VC or A&I firm or investment bank
· Familiarity with AWS value proposition for startups
· Previous cloud sales/knowledge, understanding of the lifecycle and needs of startups in ASEAN
· Familiarity with the venture capital ecosystem and understanding of how venture capital firms operate.
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and ambiguity - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Ability to effectively work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Ability to handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
· High attention to detail
· Self-directed adaptable, decisive, and professional
· Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative