Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
Amazon AWS Finance has an immediate opening in Singapore for a Finance Manager to join our Data Center Global Services Finance team.
The Data Center Global Services team is part of the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud data centers. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
The Data Center Global Services team is responsible for designing and building data center capacity, and includes functions like procurement & supply chain, construction and design engineering.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Serve as the key business partner working directly with AWS senior management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
- Manage the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
- Report on the financial performance and lead in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial reviews
- Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to AWS senior management
- Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
- Partner with Procurement, supply chain and project management teams to drive costs out through negotiations and strategy
- Drive cost savings by identifying insourcing opportunities and benchmarking across vendors and locales
- Implement long-term forecasting models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- 3+ years of experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
- 2+ years experience managing Financial Analysts
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
- MBA preferred