Are you a commercially minded, data driven individual who is passionate about simplifying complexity & inventing on behalf of customers? Would you like to lead a team that is responsible for helping the AWS field organization and partner community accelerate time to value for our customers? Are you a builder who has a thirst for knowledge and is equally adept at solving complex commercial problems and presenting a compelling C-level presentation to a prospective customer?
If so, the AWS APAC Business Development team is looking for a business leader to lead the APAC Sales Cycle Acceleration (SCA) team. The charter of this team is two-fold: 1) remove friction from the buying cycle by providing customers & partners with effective tooling, frameworks and IP so that they can make informed purchase decisions, and 2) work with our largest and most strategic customers to build compelling & holistic Cloud value propositions.
You will lead a team whose activities can be classified into two primary categories: 1) the provision of “in-the-trenches” support on large complex deals, and 2) in conjunction with our Global counterparts, up levelling the quality of our tooling, processes and frameworks so that we can enable the AWS field teams, partners and customers to make informed buying decisions. The team has three distinct pillars: 1) Competitive Intelligence, 2) Cloud Economics, and 3) Cost Optimization. Collectively these teams help our customers make informed cloud purchasing decisions and once on the platform leverage our pricing models to fully realize the commercial benefits that the AWS cloud has to offer.
As the APAC Cloud Economics & Business Value Lead, you and your team will help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and quantify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners and other groups within AWS to give AWS customers the best insights into how to run their applications on AWS, in the most cost effective manner. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT, business & finance leaders. You will engage with AWS partners, including ISVs, to address concerns regarding software license management. You will also be expected to be the focal point within AWS for all economic business development activities.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments, and be capable of creating detailed cost models for these environments.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Work with APAC and Global BD leadership to shape the strategy for the function.
· Act as the authoritative voice among the AWS field, partners and customers on all economics and compete relate matters.
· Adopt a “look around corners” approach to the function where you initiate initiatives in anticipation of future business needs
· Build financial models and value frameworks that represent the entire AWS portfolio of services
· Work with global BD and AWS service teams to influence our commercial tooling roadmap
· Develop an APAC SCA operating model that meets the needs of the various stakeholder groups
· Own the APAC goals for the function and work with leadership to maximize the impact of the collective team
· Serve as a key member of the APAC Business Development Leadership team
· Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams to drive proactive economic conversations with our customers.
· Develop standard frameworks and dynamic analytic models to be utilized by the AWS Sales, BD and marketing teams
· Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models to enable them to make informed buying decisions.
· Build an internal enablement and reporting cadence that enables the effective utilization of the team across the APAC business.
· Create a repository of cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
· Work with AWS Marketing to create TCO/Compete/Business Value related material, resources and tools that can be used by our customers and the global AWS Sales/BD organization when targeting not only startups but also the world’s largest IT organizations. This will include messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS economic value proposition for cloud computing.
· In conjunction with AWS Training, help create training programs and material for the AWS sales team so they can properly address TCO/economic issues with our customers and prospective customers.
· Serve as the primary source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in competitive cloud offerings.
· Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on TCO/Compete/Value related issues.
· Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
· The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
· Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
· 10+ years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
· Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures
· Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs
· Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
· Computer Science, and/or Business Consulting background highly desired.
· Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers is highly desired.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.