The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Manager in the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA)
You will provide strong administrative support to the Dean and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs. Working in a team, your duties will include:
• Assist the Dean and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs in the administrative and evaluative processes of staff appraisal, promotion and tenure, contract renewal and performance management of academic staff and new appointments.
• Play an active role in the conception, planning and implementation of projects organized by the Office of Faculty Affairs.
• Draft evaluative reports on academic staff for appointments, contract renewals, promotion and tenure.
• Provide central and executive support to the Academic Groups on assigned functions.
• Assist in the design and development of data mining and data management platforms. Conceptualise and design user guides, process flows and presentations. Work with various stakeholders and Academic Groups to manage knowledge and information management projects.
• Liaise with staff from various departments in NIE-wide projects that have a significant impact on the academic groups.
• Act on and successfully accomplish special projects assigned by the Dean and Associate Dean.
• A University Degree preferably in English Language, Journalism, or the humanities. Applicants who have a background in Statistics or Knowledge Management will be an advantage.
• At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent writing skills, with a strong capability to draft evaluative reports.
• Excellent integrative, problem-solving and decision making skills; able to think critically and work through various options.
• Good analytical ability and knowledge to manage data systems and work with the relevant stakeholders to improve processes and procedures.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Independent, resourceful, responsible and a committed team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
For more information about the role of the Office of Faculty Affairs, please access the web-link:
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Closing Date: 2 April 2018