In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Within Group Compliance, Group Financial Security (GFS)’s mission is to supervise and coordinate the organization and implementation of the control framework designed to prevent corruption, money-laundering and financing of terrorism, to comply with embargoes and international financial sanctions and to protect customers’ interests at the Group Level. To this end, BNP Paribas has set up a comprehensive filtering process of its SWIFT and SEPA messages, based on a centralized platform (SHINE). The alert management framework is organized in 3 levels, Level A, B (B1 - maker & B2 - validator), and C. This framework is put in place to screen and process alerts triggered on payments.
This role is within the second level (level B) of the alert management framework. This level investigates alerts escalated by the first level (Level A).
Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, will make a final decision either to release, reject, or escalate to the third level (Level C) of the framework based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1.
CIB Level B2, with its APAC competency centre located in Singapore, will provide coverage across APAC sites including Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and India. The activities covered are Corporate Banking, Global markets, and Wealth Management activities.
• Investigate alerts escalated by Level B1 in accordance with Group policies and procedures. Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, will make a final decision either to release, reject, or escalate to the third level of the framework based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1.
• Keep updated on developments on sanctions, embargoes and related KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations.
• Implement sanctions monitoring standards in line with Head office and Regional policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Responsible for the production of services consisting of Level B2 review of Level B1 analysis and supporting documents (where applicable), to make a decision to release, reject, or escalate according to the procedure in place. The role is performed by :
utilizing the appropriate systems, procedures and resources to perform the service;
closely monitoring the delivery of service and taking all necessary actions required to meet quality standards;
reporting incidents and/or oversight with comprehensive details to Management, and/or relevant authorities / decision maker(s).
• Responsible for managing stakeholder relationships (Level A, Level B1, Group/APAC/Local Financial Security, and/or any other relevant stakeholders) :
By conducting regular operational business reviews and maintaining good communications with Group/APAC Financial Security and/or Local Compliance Officers ;
By giving descending feedbacks to Level A on alerts wrongly escalated to Level B;
By ensuring that the Level B1 staff receive regular feedbacks and trainings related to the handling of alerts;
By informing regularly his/her management and contributing to any other reports required by the management.
• Responsible for contributing to the filtering activity by personally handling screening on the filtering platform SHINE, especially at times of high volumes in order to ensure timely provision of service, and by providing their expertise and guidance to the team members
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
• Contribute to regulatory audit missions.
• Contribute to ad-hoc project initiatives.
Experience and Competencies required
• Experience in banking industry in the area of Financial Sanctions and AML alert analysis process and related issues.
• Good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance operational processes and flows.
• Familiar, proactive and alert with international AML regulations and financial sanctions.
• Good communication skills and eager to learn.
• Analytical and with an eye for accurate details.
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
• Knowledge of the payment filtering tool FircoSoft will be an advantage.
• Relevant experience in trade finance flows would be preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels.
• Ability to organize, to manage stress and promote objectives.
• Committed to confidentiality, integrity and objectivity.
• Flexible working style.
Objectives - Key Performance Indicators
Production of Service
• Ensure that the production queues are managed properly, taking into account operational priorities (e.g. cut-off times or exceptionally urgent transactions).
• Identify, document and propose “Good Guys” exceptions on a regular basis.
• (1) Identify corrective actions (including training) as/when required to address potential issues and errors, (2) document and implement these actions, (3) monitor their effectiveness and the respect of the updated requirements.
• Ensure Level B2 SHINE control process, through analysis and clearance of transaction alerts in accordance with prevailing AML & Sanctions policies and procedures, in the respect of quantitative and qualitative expectations set by the Management.
• Ensure escalation of transaction alerts to level C as and where appropriate.
• Be familiar with all procedures and guidelines in place regarding AML & Sanctions policies, and in particular with TWIST process
• Be familiar with all types of business activities covered, including (but not limited to) CIB, Wealth Management and Global Markets.
• Attend required training sessions (including training on the filtering tool, FircoSoft).
Reporting and Relationship Management
• Report the required key indicators and control reports which are under the responsibility of the team.
• Attend and contribute to Level B production meetings.
Primary Location: SG-Singapore-Singapore
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: COMPLIANCE - Business Activities: Support functions
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years