About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
• Provide Financial Security / KYC advisory to the business lines and functions in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations as well as group policies and guidelines.
• Ensure timely and consistent review, implementation and application of KYC/AML/CFT/sanctions laws, regulations and group policies/guidelines.
• Perform critical review and assessment of KYC risk profile of client files escalated by the onboarding due diligence team and provide appropriate clearance.
• Perform 2nd level controls on KYC files in accordance group policies and guidelines.
• Participate in Financial Security / KYC process requiring Compliance involvement in accordance with laws/regulations and group policies/procedures.
• Keep updated on developments on US, EU, UN and Singapore sanctions and embargoes laws and regulations as well as group policies and procedures.
• Provide AML and sanction advisory to business lines and functions.
• Perform Level 3 SHINE alert control clearance process and all related matters in accordance with policies and procedures, including without limitation:
o review and analyze transaction alerts escalated by Level 2;
o conduct appropriate enhanced due diligence and ensure proper clearance of such transaction alerts in accordance with prevailing AML & sanctions regulations and policies; and
o Ensure proper escalation of transaction alerts to Country and/or Regional Compliance where appropriate.
o Provide advisory support on Level 3 SHINE framework and all related matters.
o Perform second level controls on all alerts cleared by Level 2 SHINE.
• Prepare, provide support and coordinate all required reports, updates and dashboard.
• Provide support and coordination on the Financial Security / KYC control framework, review and processes and propose streamlining solutions for better efficiency and workflow
• Provide appropriate training to new joiners, businesses and functions to enhance risk awareness in Financial Security / KYC issues.
• Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects, risk assessment and audit / regulatory inspections.
• Generally provide support to and perform tasks assigned by, the Head of Financial Security, SG.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• At least 3 years of working experience with 2 years of relevant KYC/AML/CFT Compliance experience. Candidates with lesser experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
• Good general knowledge of the international AML standards and principles, with strong familiarity with local AML regulations (MAS Notice 626 and related guidelines).
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• An ability to think critically and to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
• Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
• A good team player.
• Possess extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
• Ideally be familiar with use of KYC screening tools.
• Good communications skills.
Primary Location: SG-Singapore-Singapore
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: COMPLIANCE - Business Activities: Support functions
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years)
Experience Level: At least 2 years