AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. We help global and local enterprises to use cloud to remediate their technical debt and build new innovative businesses.
AWS Enterprise Support provides our most demanding customers with one-on-one, fast-response support channel that is staffed 24x7x365 with experienced and technical support engineers; a designated technical account manager, architecture review, and operations support to design, build, and operate cloud environments leveraging AWS best practices; and a designated Support Concierge for administrative and billing enquiries. Enterprise customers rely on Support when running their business critical workloads on the AWS platform, and our technical account managers and cloud support engineers are the primary daily touchpoint for those customers. Customers include very large Enterprises (e.g. Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and Nokia); Public Sector companies (e.g. NASA JPL) as well as fast growing businesses and Internet companies (e.g. Pinterest). Unlike most support organizations, AWS Support is a self-standing business with revenue and P&L responsibility and one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS.
As APAC Enterprise Support BDM you will be part of the APAC Enterprise Business Development team. You will define the strategy and own the go-to-market (GTM) efforts for Support, with the objective to increase adoption for paid support offerings amongst Enterprise customers while maintaining target margin performance, and using Support to accelerate AWS platform adoption amongst Enterprise customers. You will work closely with the AWS Support organization and other APAC Enterprise BDMs covering Migration Acceleration and AWS Managed Services. You will engage our customers to understand why they subscribed to Enterprise Support (or why not), what are the painpoints and obstacles in our current Support offering. You will identify areas for sharpening our Support proposition (e.g. a differentiated offering, pricing) and design and execute controlled experiments driving commercial innovation. You will quantify the impact of Support in driving AWS platform adoption, estimate the ROI, and design and execute initiatives to help accelerate our customer cloud adoption journey. You will enable the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects, selling the Support value proposition, in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will engage partners to develop and pilot new Support offerings via the partner ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a keen business sense and exceptional analytical skills, is able to articulate and communicate a clear value proposition across customers, partners, and within the AWS organization, and its comfortable working across internal functions and geographies. The candidate will be naturally curious, going beyond the obvious to discover unexpected insights and translate those into tangible business value.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as a key member of the APAC Business Development team in helping to drive cloud adoption amongst Enterprise customers
· Engage customers, partners, and field teams to deeply understand and measure customer value and painpoints in adoption of Enterprise Support
· Analyze drivers of Enterprise Support adoption and identify levers for improvement
· Identify, design and execute controlled experiments in driving Enterprise Support adoption
· Review and analyze Enterprise Support pricing and costing, ensuring savings are passed on to our customers
· Quantify impact of Enterprise Support adoption on AWS Platform adoption, estimate the ROI of Support investments in accelerating AWS platform adoption
· Design and execute controlled experiments to invest Support resources to drive platform adoption, rigorously measuring outcomes
· Develop and refine sales collateral, reference cases and value proofs for customers and partners
· Drive commercial innovation in Support, e.g. differentiated support offerings per customer segment
· In conjunction with Field Enablement, create Support related training programs and material for the APAC field team so that they can properly articulate the Support value proposition
· Work with stakeholders across APAC Commercial Sales, Premium Support, and Enterprise Support
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management teams
This position is based in Singapore or Sydney.
· 7+ years of experience in business development, management consulting, sales/support strategy, or sales/support operations experience
· Exceptional analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex enterprise sales motions and growing AWS business exponentially
· Business case development, financial modeling and analysis experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams
· Willingness to travel 20-30% - this is an APAC role
· A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must – this is a hands-on role
· Management or financial consulting background highly desired
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Prior experience working in or with cloud service providers, SaaS providers, managed service providers