Title: Head of Marketing Operations – APAC
The Head of Marketing Operations for the APAC region is responsible for the systematic increase of APAC Marketing’s effectiveness and efficiency. He/she will lead the implementation of processes, operational standards, best practices, data, metrics, insights, and systems to enable APAC Marketing to conduct marketing activities and measure results.
Expectations and Tasks:
· Integration with corporate functions: Collaborate with teams across marketing, business operations, sales, finance, legal/compliance, HR and other lines of business to translate business objectives into marketing metrics, and provide communication, education, tracking and reporting on metrics and business results from marketing investments. Ensure APAC Marketing complies with corporate policies and compliance regulations.
· Marketing Systems Ownership: Manage the deployment, adoption, roll-out and maintenance of marketing systems and tools across the APAC marketing function to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of marketing and professionally report on the results from APAC marketing investments.
· Marketing Operational Improvement - Collaborate with teams across marketing and other lines of business for continuous operational improvement by proactively identifying, creating, and leading projects designed to address and improve operational bottlenecks, gaps, and deficiencies to improve capabilities within APAC marketing. Oversee multiple projects analyzing existing processes, defining process improvement, leading process development, and championing process usage.
· Marketing Data Stewardship - Oversee multiple projects involving marketing data stewardship activities to create data, improve data quality, define and deploy data strategy and compliance.
· Insight Driven Marketing - Collaborate with teams across marketing and other lines of business providing Insight Driven Marketing Services consisting of organizing, mining, and analyzing data to build advanced analytics and data models to provide decision support based on factual data. Anticipate wide spectrum of customer needs and drive the market research process to implement improved strategies and processes that have a lasting impact on marketing operations.
· Marketing Campaign Execution Support - Manage project teams supporting marketing campaign execution by performing tasks such as target segmentation, data analytics, list management, response management, and lead management process definition.
· Marketing Best Practice Ownership - Collect, document, validate, and syndicate internal and external best practices to increase efficiencies across APAC marketing.
· Marketing Planning & Reporting Ownership - Lead and project manage (bi-)annual marketing planning process following guidelines from corporate marketing, finance, business operations and corporate planning teams. Define processes and timelines for marketing planning including regular reviews of marketing performance through KPI tracking and reporting as well as QBRs with APAC marketing leadership teams.
· Marketing P&L Management: Collaborate with Marketing Leaders, Finance and HR to efficiently manage marketing resources and P&L including budget and headcount. Ensure people and program expenses are optimized and tracked and regularly provide relevant reports (budget forecast, pipeline forecasts, headcount reports etc.) as needed by the business.
· Demand Management Ownership - Align APAC Marketing Demand Management with Business Operations and harness demand management methodology, tools and outputs to drive dynamic marketing planning. Drive action plans to meet marketing business commitments towards pipeline gaps. In partnership with APAC Business Operations lead regular DG board meetings to align marketing and business development teams in delivering required demand and pipeline multiples by segment, product and geography across APAC. Improve marketing performance and develop business relevant and actionable reporting to support Demand Management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· An undergraduate degree in marketing/business (or equivalent) is required and an advanced degree is strongly preferred. MBA preferred.
· This position requires a 10+ years of business experience with an emphasis on leading projects, teams and marketing/business operations at regional.
· The ideal candidate would also have experience working in an international, matrix-based and collaborative organization setting.
· Must have experience in managing budgets effectively across multiple countries setting up effective metrics and business processes.
· Strategic Thinking: focuses the organization on efforts that align with the company's strategic direction.
· Drive for execution: Achieves results by taking initiative, setting challenging goals and holding people accountable.
· Solid Understanding of both the creative and scientific elements of marketing in APAC IT industry.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency. Provides business practices and processes. Drives policies and procedures that monitor and support the organization*s operational and financial business objectives. Provides analysis and advice to management in the areas of operations, resource management, finance, revenue accounting, pricing, and/or contracts. May also be responsible for administration, knowledge management, and/or communications.
Develops and monitor PandL forecasts. Develops and monitor metrics to measure other key performance indicators and group performance. Performs competitive analysis. Creates pricing strategy and cost accounting (business modeling) for projects. Reviews contracts for terms, pricing and approvals. Work with account team to close deals. Interfaces with client to resolve contract/delivery disputes. May be responsible for directing resource management staff, ensuring maximum utilization. May be involved with compensation and bonus process. Manage at least two direct reports.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired.
Job: Business Operations
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire