• At least a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or Clinical Psychology and at least 2 years of clinical supervision experience.
• Should be registered or eligible for registration as a psychologist with SRP and/or as a counsellor with SAC.
• Have a strong practice and knowledge base in psychological interventions and counselling techniques to provide services within an individual, couples, family and/or group counselling setting.
• Have specific training in or familiarity with a variety of psychological assessments including personality assessment tools, cognitive assessment tools, literacy assessment tools, etc.
• Have a strong knowledge base on community resources, suitable referral organizations and inpatient/outpatient health systems in Singapore as well as the ability to liaise with referral agents, other organizations and community professionals.
• Experience with client information systems and report writing.
• Possess abilities and skills in the following: verbal and written expression, information technology, interpersonal relations, problem solving, decision making, marketing, and financial management.
• Demonstrate strong administrative management and leadership skills. Administrative management experience in a counselling or healthcare setting is preferred.
• Marketing and Business Development of Centre’s services: Promoting the centre via orientation and educational mental health workshops and seminars to the public, community agencies/hospitals, other healthcare providers and other internal programmes at NIE to ensure a variety of referrals to the centre to meet the training requirements of both Masters programmes.
• Maintaining Ethical Standards of Care and Services: Training all practicum students in the ethical standards of care and professionalism expected at the NIE Wellness Centre. Being a member of Pastoral Care Management in NTU to update and monitor the latest standards of care in service delivery.
• Overseeing Clinic Operations: In conjunction with the clinic administrative officer, planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all centre activities on a daily basis. Reviewing and developing policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the centre.