To handle the day-to-day accounting activities of the division. Ensure accurate & timely preparation of monthly & periodic financial reports (financial statements, cash flow forecast, and statutory tax reports) for management, bankers, auditors, Inland Revenue department, etc. in compliance with relevant Huntsman, US GAAP, SOX and Statutory requirements.
To maintain the related accounting system, SAP and its interfaces, ensuring integrity of internal controls framework and processes remaining relevant and aligned to changing business requirements.
To provide interface and communicate effectively with external parties (e.g. banks, auditors, tax department etc.) on behalf of Finance Manager and Huntsman.
1. Responsible for day to day operation of accounting function. This extends from overview of daily transactional accounting activities to participating in transfer pricing discussions and driving continuous business process improvements in the accounting and reporting activities.
2. Responsible for review of trial balance, make appropriate adjustments with proper approval in accordance to the company’s Delegation Of Authority (DOA) to reflect accurate financial statements and prepare timely reconciliation and account analysis of various accounts.
3. Responsible for preparation of periodic financial and fiscal reports (both internal & external) timely, accurately and in compliance with relevant Huntsman, US GAAP, statutory and tax requirements.
4. Responsible for tax computation, preparation and submission of GST returns and withholding tax. Ensure compliance with “Major Exporter Scheme” (MES) status and coordinate MES audits.
5. Liaise with external auditor to ensure delivery of a smooth annual fiscal audit with no surprises and follow up with or reconcile necessary audit adjustments.
6. Support the Finance Manager in monitoring working capital of the company for example to ensure the value of inventories as owned by the company is properly accounted and reported, include provisions for slow moving and off-spec inventories.
7. Accountable for internal controls on accounting processes and financial reporting and take agreed actions on execution of internal control and SOX requirements (process documentation, ICQ, TEF, gap remediation or action items) with all related parties in order to comply with SOX 404 Act.
8. Understand the impact of and communicate implications of new accounting standards to the local team. Implement and ensure compliance of new accounting standards.
9. Update, maintain and communicate to associates local DOA and ensure this document remains relevant for use with personnel, business and global changes.
10. Support the Finance Manager in ad-hoc projects and various analyses as required.
1. Interface required with the external parties (e.g. banks, auditors, tax departments, etc.) on behalf of the Finance Manager.
2. The job holder has to communicate effectively with both external and internal parties which include the education, promotion and follow up on corrective actions to comply with internal control or SOX requirements.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
1. ACCA or accountancy degree with at least 2 - 3 years of experience in handling full sets of accounts and fiscal reporting. At least 2 years of auditing experience in a public accounting firm and exposure to US GAAP will be an added advantage.
2. The jobholder preferably has experience and skills in following areas:
Financial accounting and internal control
Understanding of local tax regulations
Knowledge of both local & US GAAP
Experience in operating in an SAP transactional system a definite advantage.
Experience in US MNC reporting requirements
Ability to work in a high growth environment and under time pressure.
3. Proficient in Advance Microsoft Excel skills, preferable with knowledge of SAP accounting software.
4. The jobholder should possess maturity, integrity, experience and interpersonal skills to be able to co-operate with colleagues at various levels in the commercial, production, supply chain, finance and IT organisation and work independently with minimum supervision.
5. Good communication and influencing skills.