We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
VP, Enterprise Development
• MasterCard’s Enterprise Partnership group (“MasterCard Enterprise Partnerships (MEP)”) is a global unit charged with collaborating with best-in-class technology partners outside the financial services sector to create transformational new products & services in specific industry sectors. The group is headquartered in London but works globally identifying and collaborating with similarly global partner companies.
• MEP has a focus on new payment and information flows and is working with best-in-class solution providers in the global business to business and trade markets to define and to build next generation informed payments and trade related services.
• MEP in conjunction with senior regional management have identified the Asia Pacific (AP) region as one in which conditions are suitable for an early implementation of the kind of integrated payment and information platform it is building with its partners: The region leads the world in terms trade and trade finance based innovation.
• Recognizing the co-ordination challenge posed by the time-zone differences between Europe, the US and AP, MEP and the region aims to appoint a senior, Enterprise Development Leader for this sector to be based in AP charged with a) leading the realization of the MEP vision for integrated business to business payments and data in the region but with the freedom to tailor the approach to suit the specific market conditions found in AP, and b) representing MEP and the region in partnering with the AP representatives of MEP’s global partners in doing so, so as to ensure that partnership activity agreed at global level is realized and implemented by teams in AP to mutual benefit.
• Are you an autonomous and self-motivated business leader able to organize and drive realization of a vision by teams both within your organization and externally?
• Do you possess the level of understanding of business to business trade, payments and finance required to effectively engage with senior customer and partner representatives and officials and to persuade them to embark on new technology initiatives?
• Own the go to market approach, client engagement and sales strategy for MasterCard’s next generation business to business services in the Asia Pacific translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
• Drive the relationship with all senior customers and partners in the region, to ensure that Mastercard is able fully able to grasp the opportunities that this sector offers.
• Ensure that Mastercard is placed at the forefront of trade and business to business based innovation, much of which is being driven in the Asia Pacific region.
• Act as a champion for the Mastercard vision in the trade space regionally and globally.
• Liaise with regional and country teams to roll up local sales activities into a global view. Ensuring that that all internal regional stakeholders understand the vision and approach that the company is championing in this space
All About You
• You will have a deep understanding of business to business payments, and trade enablement technologies. With a strong grounding in the Asia Pacific region
• You will have a track record of driving new business innovation to success, working both regionally and globally
• You will understand both trade and trade finance from both a corporate and bank perspective and understand who changes in these spaces are impacting the way the companies interact.
• You will be a self-staring senior business development individual with expertise in working both as part global teams as well as individually.
• You will be used to interacting a senior levels both internally and externally, with gravitas to be seen as the owner of key strategic initiative
• You will have an extensive network in the trade and business to business payments space.
• You will be able to act as a figure had and champion for Mastercard and the MEP’s vision in the space both internally and externally