VP Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific
The Vice President, Communications – Asia Pacific (AP) will develop and create the corporate, product, executive and internal communications programs for the Region. Specifically, the role holder will be required to provide strategic communications support for the AP Division and Markets collaborating with stakeholders in the divisions as well as counter parts who are at market level through constant dialogue and close collaboration in order to support Mastercard’s business objectives and targets for the region. In this regard, he / she must be able to develop broad frameworks with key objectives outlined and disseminated as well as coordinate and review specific market requirements and needs in order to develop a consistent communications plan for the region. Central to this role is execution and implementation in all markets in the region including measurement of success (and communicating these internally) based on key metrics established for the Communications function globally. The role will have both Regional and global leaders, with a dual reporting line to the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications in AP as well as the Executive Vice President of Communications based in the US.
• Plan and develop communications for a variety of internal and external audiences, including media/influencers,
employees, senior customers, shareholders, public audiences and consumers.
• Develop communications for Mastercard executives, ensuring that members of senior management are speaking with one voice on key topics. Identify and secure external speaking opportunities, and work with media relations team to leverage these opportunities in a variety of ways.
• Create communications that support company’s strategy and priorities; corporate and business unit objectives; and centralized Communications strategies. Employ a variety of channels including speeches, videos, emails, webcasts, podcasts, graphics, social media and special events.
• Work closely with Divisional Marketing and Product Leads to determine messaging, along with the media and non-media strategy to support the respective various campaigns, launches and brand announcements in the markets/region.
• Managing the Regional President's Communications includes coordinating the written as well as face to face communication for the Regional co-presidents with the staff in the region.
• Internal Communications strategy and management to create a positive internal culture and encouraging knowledge and experience-sharing.
• Oversee the CSR and philanthropy program for the Region and working with the markets to assist them in planning initiatives.
• Project management lead in AP for all communications aspects related to high touch, high focus events such as major customer events.
• Partner with colleagues in other regions and at the global level to develop company-wide communications that drive culture change; underscore corporate strategy and vision; highlight corporate and business unit results.
• Coordinate corporate communications programs that convey the value that Mastercard delivers to various stakeholders.
• The role holder will be expected to communicate and collaborate with the other regions communications and marketing teams and at Global level to ensure alignment, maximize resources and project and promote a consistent narrative to all stakeholders.
• Oversee the management of creative agencies, writers, consultants and vendors. The role holder will work closely with the regional agency to manage the communication and approval process for press releases and other organizational announcements.
All About You
• Proven related experience.
• Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop new and original content and communications programs with minimal guidance
Very strong social and digital related experience
• Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling and influential communications.
• Team player with proven ability to build relationships across business units and functional areas.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills with a commitment to the highest quality standards.
• Strong project management skills. Extensive experience working with creative agencies, writers, consultants and vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or Public Relations is required. MBA will be an asset.