Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The Human Resources Consultant forms part of a Human Resources team in country or at a business unit level. They take their instructions from senior HR staff and serve as a consultative business partner to managers and employees within assigned business groups.
The primary responsibility of the HR Consultant is to contribute to the execution of the HR operational function and to perform a wide range of Human Resources Consulting tasks.
What you'll be doing
The employee in this position serves as the HR general expert and point of escalation on employee related queries and is the primary contact for first line leaders providing HR consultation, advice and support in the following domains:
• HR administration – They liaise with payroll administrators to ensure that Payroll records are accurate and up to date. They attend to general HR queries from staff and management and escalate such queries when required. These individuals ensure accuracy of all employee data on relevant systems and ensure information on all relevant HR systems are up to date. They process all employee record updates and oversee all HR administration where applicable.
• Reporting - They provide information and co-operation required for the administration, compliance and security of accurate, timely and complete HR records. They compile and communicate reports requested from them by the HR Management team. The employee in this position conducts exit interviews with employees leaving Dimension Data and compiles monthly reports on the feedback received and communicates this to the Senior HR Consultant.
• Employee and labour relations – The employee in this position works with the business partners to ensure compliance to legislation relevant to employee relations in a geographic region or business group. They produce reports in line with these legislative requirements.
They mediate labour relations between management and staff and provide support to first line managers regarding disciplinary and performance issues. They respond to all grievances lodged and resolve these accordingly. They document and process all administration linked to employee terminations, including minutes, recordings, settlement agreements, etc. The HR Consultant stays current on state and federal laws and regulations related to employment law and use this knowledge to advise managers and employees so as to ensure fair management practices and reduce risk to the company.
This individual co-operates with employee representative councils, consulting, advising and attending relevant council meetings.
• Performance management – They have specific knowledge of the Dimension Data Performance Management process and are able to train new employees on the system used to support this process. They provide on-going line management support around the annual and review performance management process and bonus rules. They ensure that the Performance Management process is adhered to by line management through communication of key deadlines and ensuring that all information is captured on the system. They may be required to facilitate consultations between management and staff members regarding performance issues. They work closely with managers to help set Smart KPI’s for employees where applicable.
• Recruitment and on-boarding – The HR Consultant works with managers to attract and select the right people into the organisation. They complete recruitment specification in conjunction with management and ensure relevant approval on all requisitions. They use the e-recruitment system to support the recruitment process. They ensure that new hires are optimally on-boarded into the organisation and that all appointments, transfers and promotion practices comply with company policies and procedures and labour legislation. They facilitate and conduct training with all new hires on Dimension Data processes.
• Career management (Talent and Learning and Development) – The employee in this position works closely with the Senior HR Consultant to advise on learning interventions, identifying and coordinating learning interventions as required by the business. They work closely with line management to understand the training needs in the business. They provide career development guidance and assistance to employees and managers. They advise line management on the appropriate learning solutions in line with the identified training needs. In conjunction with the line manager, employee and training manager, they co-ordinate training for all new employees. They assist the Senior HR Consultant with the compilation of various reports.
• Reward and remuneration - They work closely with the Remuneration team to obtain information about salary benchmarking and advise management accordingly. They provide support to managers and co-ordinate the annual salary increase and bonus processes.
• Recognition - They assist the Senior HR Consultant with the co-ordination of the Dimension Data recognition program.
Execute HR process in line with business strategy
They have the ability to execute HR processes in line with business requirements and group strategy. They use the content of strategy to inform the optimal adoption and application of regional and global HR processes, policies, programmes, methods, tools and systems.
The HR Consultant works closely and partners with the business function to ensure sound HR practices. They are empathetic and have excellent listening skills. They act as advisors and have the ability to influence and persuade.
They have the ability to work independently and within a team. They demonstrate the ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels in the organisation. They have the ability to exercise the appropriate discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters and information is required.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.