Solution Specialist - Threat Protection
• Solution specialist role to provide deep technical expertise on a subset of Symantec’s Threat
• Provide consultancy and solution expertise to the account teams to drive deeper customer
• Liaise between Product Management/Engineering and the field sales teams
• Assist in the technical enablement of the sales and partner community
• Actively participate in the global Symantec technical security community
• At least 8 years customer facing experience
• At least 3 years proven in-depth knowledge of SSL/TLS and PKI
• At least 3 years proven in-depth knowledge of Incident Response and Network Forensics
• Understanding of and/or direct experience working in a Security Operation Centre (SOC)
• Enjoys the challenges and is passionate about selling and delivering complex technology in a competitive environment
• Excellent Communication skills, which facilitates both presentation and interaction with
customers and sharing knowledge with other team members.
• Ability to learn quickly and think on one’s feet
• Strong aptitude and understanding of security including the threat landscape, business drivers and compliance environment.
• Thorough technical understanding of the Symantec products areas/solutions and the
application of strategic cross industry solutions
• Experience of solutions or adjacent technologies that are complementary to those offered by Symantec
• Understanding of IT Compliance & Risk management ( ISO, PCI, risks IT concepts)
• An External Industry Certification desirable eg; CISSP, SNIA, ITIL, SANS GIAC, CISA,
• Degree in Computer Science or similar
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.