Our client, an established logistics company is seeking to fill the above position:
• Lead in the day to day operations of the sea freight team.
• Takes ownership for company’s Seafreight freight operational / customer service /pricing / vendor management and commercial related portfolios.
• Ocean Freight Negotiations with ocean carriers and carrier/ trade lane nominations.
• Attending to customer mishandling issues and establishing remedial actions and service recovery.
• Cost control of operations team and ensure customer service excellency and profit optimisation
• Management of vendors to ensure company’s KPI’s are met or exceeded.
• Working directly with customs, related government agencies, ports, ocean carriers and customer.
• Work closely with clients on sea freight matters in ensuring smooth shipment and client’s project timelines are met and ensure ocean freight KPIs are met
• Lead to team in ensuring clients ocean Freight shipment demands are met.
• Manage sea freight transactions and be able to help team members resolve any operational issues encountered on the job.
• Interaction with key stakeholders from various departments. (Sales, Product, Cargo Insurance and Customer Service team)
• Ensuring most cost effective resource utilisation. eg equipment & manpower
• Manage profitability and growth of the department
• Establish ocean freight business plan & goals for the team
• Minimum 8 years ocean freight managerial experience.
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and lead team to perform at a higher level.
• Embrace a client centric approach in dealing with clients.
• Familiar with customs regulations.
• Assertive and able to control third parties.
• Strong Seafreight operational background.
Please submit your application and your updated resume in Word format to [email protected] – If you would like to discuss this position confidentially, please drop us a short note with your mobile number and a consultant will contact you.
EA Licence No: 14C7049