Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The PS Application Developer designs, develops, maintains and administers transactional and analytical data structures or medium complexity software code which translates business requirements into technology terms.
What you'll be doing
1. Required to handle won projects and support for DD CC projects and clientele
2. Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents programming to satisfy business requirements
3. Review call flows and UI specifications and create technical designs, system requirements and specifications.
4. Work with basic Java and J2EE technology with basic understanding of Application Server such as Weblogic, Websphere and Tomcat
5. Work with basic .NET technology with basic understanding of IIS server.
6. Troubleshooting post-production problems and suggesting and implementing quick solutions. Fast reaction to issues, providing technical input for rollback decisions.
7. Work with other vendors for agent desktop implementations and support
8. Prepare a functional requirements document which provide the translation of the functional requirements into technical specifications.
9. Scrutinise business requirements and ensure that the designed solution meets these requirements, understanding the project scope prior to documenting the development plan.
10. Develop the approved code and produce a prototype of the expected functionality, validating and finalising the development following the required change management and release process.
11. Assist with the installation and deployment of the application, including: o Implementation preparation o Implementation of the solution into the production environment o Resolution of any problems identified in the integration and test phases
12. Actively participate in the Global Services Development and Support processes, including change and release management, training of end-users and the provision of support.
13. Ensure operational software on client site.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.