SENIOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIST (CENTRE FOR INNOVATION IN LEARNING) (OFFICE OF TEACHER EDUCATION)
The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Senior Educational Technologist in the Centre for Innovation in Learning (IN-Learning). We are looking for a talented individual to assist in the management of teaching and learning platforms.
• At least 5 years of experience in developing blended/online learning experiences for adult learners.
• A degree in Multimedia, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
• Post-graduate qualification in Educational Technology/ Instructional Design/Education or professional certification in adult learning – DACE/ACTA will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge on learning management system administration, usability and functionality testing methods, as well as course and learner evaluation methodology.
• Knowledge of software evaluation and technical report writing.
• Strong project management skills with experience in all phases of the instructional design process.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
• Exceptionally meticulous in work details.
• Analytical and possess good creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Pro-active team player who can work with minimal supervision.
• Administer and provide end-user support (email/phone call) for NIE’s learning management system (Blackboard) and other adopted e-Learning platforms.
• Work closely with faculty, Learning Designers and other cross functional teams to develop blended learning/e-Learning courses in the learning management system.
• Provide consultancy and support to faculty on the appropriate learning management system tools to be used for teaching and learning.
• Provide end-user training and support in ensuring smooth implementation of the blended learning/e-Learning courses.
• Develop end-user guides for all adopted e-Learning platforms, software and applications.
• Evaluate the pedagogical affordances of the various Blackboard building blocks to enhance the effectiveness of the learning management system.
• Scan for emerging technologies and evaluate the pedagogical affordances.
• Design and deliver educational technology related workshops for faculty, pre-service and in-service teachers.
Only candidates pursuing a career in educational or instructional technology should apply.