Senior Software Test Engineer
MasterCard Commerce Platform team creates solutions that make payments safe, simple and smart for customers and merchants alike. We own mobile and web based solutions that are widely used in different regions across the globe and in multiple verticals covering schools, restaurants, stadiums, fuel stations, coffee shops, corporate campuses, universities, golf events, charity organisations etc. Our APIs also help 3rd party developers building their own payment solutions by taking advantage of our versatile commerce platform running on world-class Mastercard network.
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join our QA Team that takes the credit for the high availability solutions developed and rolled out by us frequently without causing any downtime.
- Manage testing effort to ensure systems are healthy and performing as expected prior to deployment to Production
- Support the testing framework and testing efforts across all Commerce Platform solutions(Mobile Apps, Web based front end solutions, APIs, backend systems)
- Lead testing streams and participate in the testing, support, deployment and verification of projects
- Develop and document application test plans across all test phases of the project lifecycle based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Manage triage meetings, defects and test reports
- Monitor testing progress and ensure the regression is covered prior to the scheduled release date
- Prepare Test Cases in TestRail for use by the peers in QA and developement teams
- Plan and lead the execution of test plans(functional, performance, load, regression)
- Source/generate and maintain test data
- Increase the automation coverage continually
- Ensure business requirements and technical requirements are understood by the Test Team
- Create and maintain traceability between test cases and user stories/other project lifecycle artefacts
- Organise and run Sprint Demos for the entire team
- This role requires a high level of collaboration with teams around the world, primarily in Ireland, Singapore, Australia and New York
All About you
- You have the passion for testing and the knack to uncover problems that aren't obvious
- Must be familiar with Test Automation / scripting and should have prior experience in this area
- Enjoy a fast paced, start-up culture and have the can-do attitude towards delivering results
- Can comfortably test mobile apps, web apps, going through server logs looking for the errors, use troubleshooting tools like Splunk, make API calls, familiar with API aids like Swagger/Postman, work with source control systems like Git
- Ability to clearly articulate issues / defects to Software Developers and follow up issues until resolutions are made on time
- Ability to participate in product development process - proposing enhancements etc.
Manage / own issues through Jira
- Strong sense of ownership / accountability and bias for action