FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
Are you a new or recent graduate with an exceptional desire and track record of tinkering with technology? Or maybe you have experience in related fields and love technology and tinkering?
FICO has an opportunity that will not only provide you with the opportunity to continue to hone your knowledge of technologies but also to cultivate a career path as you go!
If this sounds good to you, check out FICO’s CCS Product Application Support Team.
What are they responsible for?
The CCS Product Application Support Team is responsible for managing and supporting the CCS platform and application environments.
What will I do as a Product Support Engineer?
Reporting to the Director of Product Support, the Application Support Engineer will have a key role in coordinating system and application issues with customers and internal account management teams. Based in the Singapore FICO office, the primary responsibility will be to provide strong technical operational support of FICO’s CCS platform, production applications and the production environment. Support will focus on diagnosis of problems and assessment of both internal and external (customer) impact following any kind of incident. Additional emphasis will be placed on oversight of the Applications’ coordinated movement through each client facing environment into production. This role will eventually follow a staggered workweek 5 on, 2 off model to provide Follow-The-Sun 24x7 support, although will start with a standard Monday through Friday Schema.
Key areas of responsibility
• Gain a thorough understanding of the FICO CCS system architecture to be able to provide second and third tier support for customer issues, either in production or in User Acceptance Testing.
• Work with the Network Operations Center (NOC) and various other support teams to quickly diagnose and resolve issues as they arise.
• Work with client account teams to ensure that customer issues are addressed, communicated as necessary and that incident reports are made available in a timely fashion.
• Manage incident data to ensure that incident tickets are kept up-to-date, are closed when completed and to provide management with incident summary data as required.
Production systems support
• Providing systems support relating to FICO CCS’s platforms, databases, network and applications.
• While the majority of coverage will be provided via working hours in a Follow-The-Sun approach, on-call support will be required occasionally such as holidays and other possible gaps in coverage.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field, or 5 or more years of related on-the-job experience.
Technical Skills Required:
5 or more years of professional/classroom, or personal work experience in the following technologies:
Linux administration, preferably RedHat.
MySQL or equivalent
Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting
Linux system performance troubleshooting
Basic knowledge of Java VM (install and config)
DNS Concepts and Practice
Familiarity with SSL
Familiarity with working in a production operational support environment
Problem and incident diagnosis and resolution
Excellent team-player & communications, able to work internally and with clients
Familiarity with general office hardware & software
Hands-on operations experience, systems & software
Familiarity with CTI (Computer Telephony Interface) systems
Familiarity with networking infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls)
Apache and Tomcat configuration
Software development skills
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can advance your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. We have a 50+ year history of excellence in providing analytics and decision management solutions. Here are a few examples of our impact globally:
Credit Scoring —150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
Fraud Detection and Security—2.5+ billion credit cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
Lending —3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.