AP Merchant Marketing is part of AP B2B Marketing. It aims to:
• drive cross-border revenue through developing and promoting pre-travel & destination programs
• drive COF registration & e-commerce spend share through strategic partners, managed merchants, Issuers & B2C campaigns as well as promote Masterpass registration and transaction through managed merchants
• achieve monetization & efficiencies goals through leveraging merchant contra funds & media assets as well as sell-in Sponsorship assets to managed merchants
• embed merchant programs into product proposition/platform & key issuers marketing plan
• Optimize internal and external communication of key merchant programs
AP Merchant Marketing works closely with Global B2B Marketing team, Division/Country Marketing team, AP Acceptance Development team, AP Marketing team and appointed agencies to achieve the above objectives.
• Represent AP Merchant Marketing as the point of contact between merchants and agencies to perform tasks such as reviewing marketing content and collateral, as well as liaising with internal stakeholders in communicating merchant marketing programs via appropriate Mastercard’s B2B2C and B2C communication channels.
• To achieve its objectives, the role will support AP Merchant Marketing lead in executing the following scope of work:
I. Mastercard-led turnkey campaigns
Develop and promote turnkey marketing platforms for cross-border travel campaigns, destination marketing and eCommerce campaigns, comprising curated merchant offers communicated online via Mastercard’s owned online channels, direct-to-consumer advertising and/or through B2B2C channels on Issuer-owned BTL channels. From time to time, this may require negotiating directly with merchants for exclusive offers, preparing the business rationale based on analysis of Mastercard transaction data, and extending through to legal documentation and internal compliance approvals. This role will also be required to manage agencies for the development of campaign materials, website publishing and dissemination of B2B2C templates.
II. Co-marketing campaigns with Merchants/Issuers
End-to-end development and management of co-marketing campaigns either with key merchants for all Mastercard cardholders or as a ladder-up campaign with Issuers. This may require negotiating with multiple parties to secure budgets and exclusive offers. Other specific tasks include campaign management extending to creative approvals process. Monitor campaign execution and closing the loop with post-event campaign reporting through the analysis of Mastercard transaction data and reconciling to merchant-reported numbers.
III. BAU processes
To support Mastercard’s engagement with key merchants by helping merchants achieve marketing objectives through Mastercard’s direct-to-consumer advertising campaigns and B2B2C channels through Mastercard Issuers. This requires the incumbent to actively champion Mastercard’s key merchant programs internally throughout the Mastercard
Tasks to be performed
• Optimize media expenditure on AP merchant marketing led campaigns.
• Execute, analyze and compile results of AP merchant marketing led campaigns.
• Support AP B2B/Merchant Marketing lead in managing merchant offers and experiences. It includes, but not limited to, managing merchant offers inventory list, promoting global and regional offers and experiences via Mastercard’s B2B2C & B2C channels, as well as implementing AP Merchant Marketing led initiatives.
• Work with agencies to set objectives/KPIs of merchant led programs, consolidate results with Issuers proof of comms and present report to merchants and other stakeholders.
• Manage Marketing, Sourcing, Legal and Finance related processes end-to-end.
• Successful deployment and communication of AP Merchant Marketing programs/campaigns through various channels through close collaboration with external agencies and internal stakeholders.
• Develop processes and reports to track performance of key regional merchant marketing campaigns.
• Ensure all Marketing, Sourcing, Legal and Finance related obligations fulfilled and guidelines adhered for AP Merchant Marketing led programs.
All About You
• University degree
• Significant experience working for or dealing with advertising / media / digital marketing agency and merchants
• Good project management skills. Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
• Good team player and relationship management skills.
• Strong influencing skills. Ability to get things done without authority and to negotiate effectively
• Ability to work independently
• Resourceful with good analytical skills
• Proficient in creating reports and presentations
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), internet and other computer software/applications
• Digital marketing experience preferred, but not mandatory