“Quality in Life”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place, within easy reach.
The 476 guest rooms and suites serve the demand of all travelers and offer a choice of accommodation options. The Business Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites with upgraded amenities, including an Executive Club Lounge. Facilities include a choice of two restaurants, a bar, Spa & Sport, a free-form swimming pool, 24-hour gym, a column-free ballroom and 4 function rooms.
Blue Potato located on the second level pool deck, set amidst a lush landscape and overlooking Clarke Quay and the Singapore River. The restaurant serves a western a la carte menu with a good selection of wine and beverages. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Blue Potato team as:
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
• To consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• To assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
• To follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• To have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
• To have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
• To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display "Quality in Life" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
• Previous service experience an asset
• Previous point of sale system experience an asset, but not required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you are interested in embarking on a challenging career with us, we invite you to submit your resume to http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Careers/RECRUITMENT/join+us.htm
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.