Scripps Networks Interactive is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Our power-house brands -- HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country -- stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on our channels. Join a company where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming. Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to take on both strategic and tactical responsibilities to advance the support of SNI Service Areas. The Senior Financial Analyst will partner with leadership to provide timely financial information and to aid in decision making in support of company-wide and departmental strategic objectives. The successful candidate will be able to apply critical thinking skills and financial concepts to analysis, planning and strategy.
What you will be doing:
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of all value drivers, current business directions and strategies related to SNI Service Departments.
· Perform analyses and make recommendations on business decisions including ROI, IRR and business case development.
· Work with SNI Service Departments to evaluate business options, contractual obligations and related decisions.
· Assist in cost reduction and containment exercises to reach targeted growth.
· Develop, improve and prepare financial presentations for senior management.
· Coordinate and assist in the understanding financial information and metrics.
· Introduce process improvements and implement financial best practices.
· Assist in the annual budget and quarterly forecast process.
· Research and answer questions regarding capital investment including policy clarification, DOA requirements and timing issues.
· Consult on special projects requiring financial input and guidance as requested by departments.
What you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years of relevant experience with CPA / MBA.
What we would like to have:
· Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization.
· Ability to develop and understand complex financial models and business cases
· Proven critical thinking skills in areas of analysis, planning and strategic insight.
· Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
· Prefer experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft.
WE’LL PROVIDE THE BENEFITS:
· Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
· Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
· Eligible for retirement benefits (401k+matching+additional funds for age/service)
· Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days) & 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
· Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
· Identity theft protection and access to legal services