Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health is a Fortune 19 healthcare services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. As one of the largest healthcare companies in the world, Cardinal Health is an essential link in the healthcare supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 40,000 locations each day. The company is also a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company supports the growing diagnostic industry by supplying medical products to clinical laboratories and operating the nation’s largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Cardinal Health employs more than 40,000 people worldwide.
Global EH&S Team
The Cardinal Health Global EH&S team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
The EH&S Director – APAC Region will report directly to the Vice President Security, Health & Safety EMEA & APAC and be responsible for the organization’s overall execution and implementation of global EH&S programs, strategies and teams to ensure the protections of people, places, product, environment, information and reputation. This role has direct accountability for all EH&S-related matters in the APAC region, including manufacturing, R&D, sales, service and office locations.
Operational Leadership of Global EH&S Team
EH&S Leadership and Consulting
· Provide leadership, strategic planning and strong subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place. Advise company, business and facility management on EH&S matters and emerging issues. Advise executive, senior and operations management on high risk issues. Effectively work with company and business leaders in crafting creative solutions for resolving identified challenges.
Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control / Regulatory Compliance
· Continuously assess company and regional EH&S hazards and risks. Provide assistance, auditing and regulatory oversight to meet local regulations and company policies, procedures and programs. Oversee the aspects of the region’s technical EH&S programs, including ergonomics, industrial hygiene, environmental and occupational health processes.
Crisis Management and Business Resiliency
· Provide support in the development of robust business resiliency plans. Demonstrate EH&S leadership during business continuity situations.
Education and Training
· Develop and grow site-level EH&S staff. Educate, train and mentor employees in the region on applicable environmental, health and safety matters. Build bench strength across the enterprise with plans for individual growth and succession.
Reports to: Vice President, Security, Health & Safety EMEA & APAC
Education: Bachelor’s and Advanced degree in related field or equivalent work experience, preferred
15+ years of experience in related field, preferred experience implementing and managing proven EH&S programs and solutions in a corporate/multi-facility environment, including:
EH&S experience related to manufacturing, R&D and distribution in pharmaceutical and medical settings preferred
Must be a subject matter expert in Asia business operations and the related EH&S implications
· Prior supervisory experience, preferred
· Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, or equivalent certification), preferred
· Strong familiarity, understanding and experience in EH&S Management Systems and their successful implementation.
· Proven experience in developing and implementing an effective company/business-wide ergonomics program.
· Must have strong substantive knowledge of regulations and guidance promulgated by Federal and State OSHA and EPA (or country equivalent), as well as workers’ compensation requirements
· Must have strong leadership skills and be results driven
· Must be self-directed and able to work independently
· Must have sound judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and not be afraid of rolling up the sleeves to develop and deliver practical solutions.
· Must be able to clearly and succinctly communicate market and sell practical solutions to all levels of company/business and facility personnel.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Must be flexible and creative in developing solutions that deliver results.
Incumbent must be dedicated to the principal of Ethical behavior
· Requires up to 35% travel.
Our ideal candidate will have:
A positive, collaborative mindset and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
The desire to work in a small group where you can make a real impact on the success of the business.
The ability to multitask.
Command of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel; excellent communication and presentation skills, and extreme attention to detail.
Familiarity with Vastera/ISP software package preferred but not required
Accuracy and follow up skills are a MUST
Ability to identify and manage priorities, work with minimal supervision
Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced work environment & meet strict deadlines