About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Professional Services Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple customer projects to successfully meet customer requirements on time, budget and contracted scope. The candidate will use PMI project management techniques and processes to manage project activities, schedules, resource costs, and technical solutions to achieve customer and VMware outcomes
The candidate will ensure successful implementations that may cross geo, multiple customer locations, with diverse teams from cross functions as well as external partners. The candidate may manage a number of projects concurrently depending upon project scope. The candidate will have a targeted utilization rate, building of best practices and managing to business processes.
The candidate will support in the following areas: project management, delivery quality, project reporting, revenue forecasting and recognition, billable utilization, interactions with VMware internal staffs (e.g. Business Units, Marketing, Technical Support, Contracts Management, Finance), project reporting, and customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities can include:
• Be the critical interface for customers and partners into VMware for the PS engagements
• Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
• Identify, pull together, and drive project activities of teams from cross-functional and partner sources
• Manage project to time, budget, and contracted deliverables (including planning, scheduling, milestone reviews, etc.)
• Manage project P&L to targeted margin results
• Drive project reviews for management and customers
• Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time card submissions)
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
• Manage PS engagement according to the internal and industry standard process
• Ensure project measurement and quality assurance metrics are developed, tracked and reported
• Function as a frontline resource for “best practice” and informal customer questions
• Liaison with necessary teams within VMware to achieve project outcomes
• Interface with professional services delivery partners
• Work with clients and partners to troubleshoot and resolve installation challenges
• Maintain a working knowledge of all VMware products applications as well as relevant 3rd party product
• Provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
• Contribute to development and maintenance of PMO standards, processes, and best practices
• Actively identify business opportunities and other activities that impact future business during engagements (either Services or Licenses) and inform sales or management team
• At least 5+ years experience in customer-facing positions in professional services.
• B.S./M.S. degree
• G50 clearance by Singapore government [optional, good to have]
• Management of multiple scale billable projects for external customers
• Experience with modern services deployment methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.)
• Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of managing/leading projects involving the deployment of core VMware virtualization products is a plus
• Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality deliverables.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
• Ability to work within a team and provide the leadership for the project
• Ability to interact and communicate with CIO-level personnel
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% percent of the time, including international
• PMI /PMP and ITIL v3 Foundation certification highly preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.