KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With 189,000 people operating in 152 countries around the world, we have outstanding professionals working together to provide value to local and global organisations. Committed to excellence, we are proud to be a recognised Employer of Choice in Singapore.
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals with relevant experience to join our growing financial services audit practice.
KPMG’s Audit professionals provide timely and accurate information for corporate governance and financial reporting. Our clients leverage our specialist knowledge in audit, accounting and regulatory compliance to manage their business risks.
Our clients in the financial services audit practice include foreign banks, insurance, private equity, fund and investment management, securities, futures and brokerage firms.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Managing financial services audit engagements which include initial engagement planning, analysis of controls and processes, preparation and review of audit documentations and management letters and reports and monitoring of engagement progress against budget and timeline.
• Developing and maintaining long-term client relationship and identifying business development opportunities.
• Coaching and developing team members to achieve technical competencies and efficient performance.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A recognised degree in Accountancy and professional accounting qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CPA Australia or equivalent
• External audit experience of 3 years or more in a mid-tier or large accounting firm and experience in handling a portfolio of financial services clients
• A good understanding of pertinent business and risk management issues and familiarity with the banking regulatory and reporting environment.
• Excellent communications skills, strong analytical skills and excellent business acumen
The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.