We are looking for a capable and responsible research engineer to work on the project: Securing Last-Mile Communications Systems for Smart Grids. The project aims to provide a multi-layer defense approach that ensures data security, tamper resistance of software/firmware, and enhanced resilience against network attacks - DoS/DDoS attacks and packet drop attacks.
You will be involved in:
1. Implementing a key management system for smart grid, together with a research scientist. The key management system is used to protect the confidentiality.
2. Implementing a data-driven security scheme together with a research scientist. The scheme is used to strengthen the system through real-time lightweight analysis of metadata (e.g. timestamps) at substation level. The scheme also aims to identify points of interest such as high-risk locations (in terms of power outages, security breaches, demand levels or other relevant measures) or to detect anomalies that may indicate security breaches.
3. Integrating the above modules into a testbed.
• Minimum a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields;
• Possess at least 5 years of experience in Software development and communication security;
• Strong knowledge of cryptography and communication security;
• Well-versed in C/C++ programming; and
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.