International Dairy Queen is seeking a bilingual Project Manager (Asia) with a strong restaurant operations background to join the team in our Singapore office. In this role, you will perform various internal functions associated with supporting IDQ’s Asia-related Operations, such as creating and maintaining product preparation documentation, continuously updating and enhancing franchisee operations materials, translating documents from English to Mandarin and supporting franchisees’ point of sale system. The Project Manager (Asia) will also manage other assigned projects that support International Operations initiatives, keeping projects on track for timely completion.
Fluency (both oral and written) in Mandarin and English is required. Korean a plus.
This position is based in our Singapore office. Relocation assistance is not provided.
As the Project Manager- Asia, you will bring your skills in the following areas:
Product Preparation Documentation
• Validate preparation processes and procedures for assigned promotional and core products, as they relate to assigned international market.
• Modify, draft and translate into local market language (as appropriate) promotional and core product procedures for launch to the International franchisee system. Ensure that product preparation materials are communicated in a way that meets the needs of each specific international market, keeping cultural differences top of mind.
• Constantly update and maintain current on the International Franchisee HUB and internal shared drives all product preparation documentation.
• Contemplate opportunities for efficiencies and enhancements to the product preparation procedure process and communicate opportunities to supervisor as appropriate.
• Manage project plans, expectations, scope, and timelines for assigned projects based on prioritization of each project that is assigned, while maintaining flexibility to potential changes in prioritization.
• Manage the collaboration of multiple departments on assigned projects. This includes facilitating communication between internal and external contributors of the projects.
• Generate, distribute and monitor reports and progress for assigned projects.
• Serve as the first line of communication with the IDQ international team on assigned projects. Troubleshoot and recommend a course of action to resolve identified issues.
• Participate on various team projects, conference calls and team meetings as a representative from the International Operations division as requested.
Register/Point of Sale System Support
• Support and assist franchisees/EPOS vendor with recipe files for various EPOS (Point of Sale) systems.
Creation/Improvement/Maintenance of Franchisee HUB materials
• Create, constantly enhance and keep current all relevant Operational materials located on the International Franchisee HUB. Create program materials in support of IDQ Operations initiatives for use in international markets.
• Ensure the operations materials housed on the International Franchisee HUB are communicated in a way that meets the needs of each specific international market, keeping cultural differences top of mind.
• Develop and execute procedures for removing obsolete materials and resources from the International Franchisee HUB that are no longer valid.
Other liaison and assignments as needed
• Act as a conduit for the International Operations team to the R&D, Training, CSS, Curriculum and Marketing departments.
• Collaborate with the Marketing department on annual marketing calendars and promotional strategies.
• Translate various materials into local language for applicable markets as directed.
• Research various operational related issues and questions that arise from the International Operations team.
• Support DQ Fan Feedback program in Asia. This includes, but not limited to, new country launches, generation of reports, operations support, help desk support and trainer to franchisee groups and IDQ personnel.
• Special assignments and other duties as assigned.
This job requires:
• Occasional (weekly or bi-weekly) meeting requirement in the evening and/or very early morning, to accommodate International colleagues’ time zones.
• Ability to complete training and certifications for position includes Serv-Safe certification.
• Working on a personal computer for extended periods of time, an average of 7 hours per day.
• Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends, as necessary to meet project deadlines.
• Frequent (up to 4 hours per day) communication via telephone and email.
• Valid passport in native country, with no restrictions to global travel.
• No food or beverage allergies that would prevent you from tasting products or working in and around a Dairy Queen environment.
• Travel requirements: Very minimal travel once on-boarding training is completed; less than 5%. On-boarding training can be up to 30 days in the USA.
Are you interested? Here are the skills and qualifications you need to bring:
• B.A. / B.S. Degree in Business, Communications, Education, Hospitality Management, Food Science, Industrial Engineering or a similar field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience is required. Including 3 years of food service in a store level management position or higher experience required.
• Experience working within a franchisor organization (training or operations), preferably a QSR brand, is a plus
• Proficiency (oral and written) in English and Mandarin languages is required. Working knowledge of Korean a strong plus.
• Excellent written business communication skills, as this position will be required to create extensive written Operations documentation for franchisees and their restaurant personnel. Demonstrated ability to translate documents clearly and free of error from English to Mandarin
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to articulate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Power Point.
• Working knowledge of Creative Suite software applications (includes Adobe, In Design, PhotoShop, etc.) a plus.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with frequent interruptions.
• Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to propose/drive improvements in processes, materials and tools. Ability to generate new and viable ideas that will improve the department’s effectiveness in operationally supporting the International franchisee system.
• Demonstrated ability to be a team leader, liaising effectively with colleagues in other departments, driving problems to resolution in an efficient yet collaborative manner.
• Strong knowledge and familiarity with the restaurant industry and strong knowledge of restaurant operations a plus.