This position has accountability for Business Development activities for the AP Exports business in Korea, Japan and SEA. The incumbent is accountable for delivering revenue, profit and distribution objectives by managing Distributors and developing customer relations. In addition, this person will be involved in projects with cross functional teams to ensure business plans are executed timely and effectively.
Volume, Revenue and Gross Margin:
• Accountable for delivering against planned revenue, volume and gross margin targets by focusing on distributor KPI’s and sales drivers
• Responsible for implementing and tracking distributors’ KPI’s
• Flawlessly execute new product development (NPD) strategies, and responsible for achieving agreed NPD targets.
• Identify potential gaps versus target, communicate and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Accountable for reporting on trade and competitive activity by market
• Formulate distributor sales plans together with BDM to achieve set targets.
• Plan and recommend appropriate distributor resources with each distributor to effectively deliver on agreed plans
• Execute marketing plans, promotional activities in line with brand strategies
• Ensure clear and timely communication of business plans to distributors’ sales management and sales teams
Trade and A&C Fund Management:
• Accountable for planning and execution of trade funds by market and the effective spending of funds to achieve optimal results
• Accountable for control and responsible for distributors’ trade funds within budget
• Responsible for validation and timely submission of distributors’ trade spend claims and resolve discrepancies promptly
Distributor Management and Route To Market (RTM):
• In-depth understanding of each distributors’ organization and financials, recommend appropriate RTM, or changes if necessary, to achieve agreed targets
• Constantly monitor the distributors’ performance, and make recommendations to help the distributor better meet customers’ needs
• Maximize relationship and influencing to negotiate and implant agreed KPI’s with distributes; have good understand of distributors’ profitability.
• Effectively utilize tracking tools to assess distributors’ performance against KPI’s in a timely fashion
Key Account Management:
• Support Distributors Key Account team and, where appropriate, utilise distributors’ relationship to build effective and sustainable partnerships with key customers
• In absence of Key Account team, directly negotiate with key customers in key markets and actively support key customer in store execution plans.
• Responsible for working with local business unit to maximise MDLZ’s brand category presence in store.
• Responsible for developing Distributors selling skills and building team motivation to drive optimal retail in-store impact
• Accountable for flawless execution at retail (distribution, shelving, pricing, merchandising) for all promotions, events and NPD launches
• Responsible for timely and accurate collection of store and competitive data (distribution, shelving, pricing, merchandising and promotional activities) by the distributors
• Actively deliver effective training to improve selling and merchandising capabilities for the distributors’ sales force
• Support the distributor(s) in assessing people and provide constructive and effective feedback on strengths and opportunities
• Monitor and make recommendation to change distributors’ organization to meet future business and customers’ needs
• Ensure distributors’ teams complete appropriate training and receive coaching
• Ensure the distributors acts with the highest degree of integrity and 100% compliance to MDLZ’s Compliance & Integrity Policies and Procedures to protect MDLZ’s reputation and integrity
• Educational level at Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in FMCG with Business Development experience.
• Experience in Trade Marketing and with a mix of ATL & promotions experience.
• Technically sound in: Interpreting Neilson data, Promotional Planning, Project Management, Microsoft Office, and Value Chain understanding.
• Good communication skill in English, both written and spoken.