Strategy Manager, Asia Pacific (Sales and Marketing)
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Reporting directly to the APAC Strategy Director, this role is primarily responsible for executing priority initiatives at both region and country level, across functions. These initiatives are, typically, cross-functional, mission-critical, cutting-edge projects in nature – directly impacting topline and bottom-line.
The role is challenging and involves engaging closely with in-country teams across functions, challenging status-quo and driving teams to flawless execution.
The role opens up fantastic options for future progression into leadership roles in Kimberly-Clark – of course, this progress will be linked to performance in the current role. We expect the individual to acquire strategic-thinking capability while leveraging functional knowledge and transition to possible functional in-country roles in future.
What we will offer:
An opportunity to drive exciting, mission-critical initiatives in Asia-Pacific: Lead exciting, crucial topics with a tangible topline and bottom-line impact. Get things done by collaborating with country operating teams. Roll-up your sleeves to show the way in tackling challenges, when required. Use your sharp, analytical instincts and deep functional knowledge to problem-solve! Bring your collaborative style, maturity and self-belief / confidence to make people ‘believe in the cause’ and execute flawlessly.
Be the torch-bearer of best-practices across APAC: One of the core philosophies of Kimberly-Clark in the region is “Winning with Speed”. Speedy execution requires soaking-in best-practices on a range of topics – from wherever available! Is the China team doing a great job on digital marketing? You will spearhead and spread this knowledge to the ASEAN operating team – so they can speedily latch on to a best-practice and win in ASEAN!
A transformational experience: Kimberly-Clark Asia-Pacific is a winning region! Be it marketing, sales, finance, supply chain or HR, our winning teams ensure we stay at the forefront of exciting changes: new channels, disruptions in traditional ways of marketing, ‘smart’ operations… We will provide you with the landscape. You paint it with your business savvy, energy and attitude. A chance to collaborate cross-functionally, add value to the business and enrich yourself from the experience. No matter where you decide to go in future, this role is guaranteed to step-change both your business acumen and develop your leadership traits.
• Direct line manager: Director (Strategy), APAC
• Key working relationships: APAC leadership team, APAC marketing, Country sales and marketing, business analysts and IT
• Occasional working relationships: Finance, Supply Chain, HR
Best-fit behavioral traits
• Practical problem-solver: Gets in-the-weeds, as well as thinks strategically to problem-solve
• Business sense and judgment: Able to view problems through the lens of practicality
• Mature: Authentic, highly collaborative and able to motivate teams, across levels
• Ambitious, but with a down-to-earth attitude
• Supreme determination: a can-do attitude, willing to roll-up sleeves and show the way
• Non-hierarchical, self-starter
Desired skills / expertise
• Functional expertise in at least one area - Consumer Goods Marketing or Sales
• Accomplished problem-solver, ‘ideas’ person: Strong intuition with data, excel-based analytics and consumer/ shopper/ channel insights; able to follow-through with practical solutions/ ideas
• Tight project management – ability to manage multiple work-streams
• Strong communication skills and presence
• Preferred experience: Minimum 7 years, with a demonstrated track-record of success
o At least 2 years in top-tier consulting and,
o Proven functional experience in working in FMCG/Consumer Goods organisations
o Asia Pacific experience, and one Asian Language desirable
Mobility: Although the role is based in Singapore to start with, the successful candidate must be willing to travel and relocate within APAC
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
K-C will support relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Compensation may vary by location.