This position is responsible for leading APAC Workforce Management WFM team of American Express Global Business Travel. The Regional Manager leads and manages a team of Schedulers and Real Time Analyst whom are responsible for the creation of schedule to real time mitigation within the WFM life cycle in a fast paced, highly complex, multi-site environment.
The incumbent will provide effective scheduling and real time resource management for customer management functions and call centres to ensure efficient and effective use of staff, budget, facilities and infrastructure.
This position can be based in Singapore or Australia, Sydney office.
Reports to: Director Workforce Management – APAC (Based in India)
• Lead and develop a virtual team of specialists to maintain healthy workforce planning processes across all APAC sites – Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and India.
• WFM liaison for multiple Directors and VPs, attending VP/Director team meetings, presenting capacity gaps and opportunities, as well as communicating strategy pertaining to initiatives that involve WFM consultation.
• Liaison/Consultant to multiple departments for all items pertaining to WFM and scheduling for company initiatives success. Departments include Operations/Telecom/Client Management/ Implementations/Reporting/L&D/Re-engineering.
• Partner with and establish effective working relationships with the Senior Operations Team.
• Administration of communication to and from Operations and other support departments.
• Ability to work in a highly complex, challenging and constantly evolving environment.
• Provide constant reviews / updates and feedback on areas of potential risks and opportunities to identify these risk elements to operations / stakeholders and take appropriate corrective and/or mitigation measures.
• Managing initiatives aligned to the Workforce Management defined Road Map.
• Work with operations / training and scheduling to coordinate multi-skill training for existing agents identified as opportunity for performance improvement.
• Champion Best Practice share across function(s) / and regions.
• Assess impacts of Force Majeure events business activity (e.g. inclement weather, strike, abnormal events) that may have direct impact on the contact centre and plan for resource requirements.
• Responsible for maximizing efficiency and occupancy while meeting service objectives.
• Effective team management including recruitment and development of all direct reports undertaking performance management and performance appraisals.
• Work with the Forecasting team to create long term capacity plan.
• Review work volume and staffing forecasts on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for workgroups and comparative data on results vs. forecasts, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
• Conduct and deliver root cause analysis on servicing or productivity issues as & when required by client. Recommend/lead process improvement for staffing, routing, and resource allocation.
• Create reports on historical data and forecasting results from applicable systems.
• Degree in a Business Orientated field or equivalent.
• Min 10 years relevant WFM forecasting and planning experience with strong operations background preferably in a high demand production environment.
• Min 5 year of people management and leadership capacity to lead a diverse regional team.
• Experience in the development and execution of workforce planning strategies and tools including succession planning, forecasting and talent mobility.
• Experience using at least one industry standard WFM tool (IEX Nice / Verint / Aspect).
• Experience of using Telephony / ACD systems in preparing and running customized reports.
• Experience of call routing/ skilling mechanism in contact centre on CISCO or Avaya telephony platform.
• Building and maintaining complex forecasting models using MS Project and integrating these with proprietary database and related IT resources.
• Previous experience working within the Travel Industry preferred but not mandatory.
• Strong mathematical, analytical, communication and organization skills.
• Good client relationship management experience.