Expedia’s Global Partner Solutions Team (GPS) is looking for a dynamic leader to join our APAC team, the fastest growing region in the world, and lead a team of Business Development and account management across a mix of mature and emerging markets. As Director of Partnerships, APAC, you will make a direct and meaningful impact on Expedia’s P&L for the region working in an energetic and international environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
This role is responsible for the strategy, management and performance of the APAC team. Our partners include the leading companies from across the travel industry, including OTAs, Airlines, as well as financial institutions, the biggest loyalty programmes in the region, and traditional affiliates. The Director of Partnerships, APAC will report to the Global Senior Director, based in London.
• Own a partner channel P&L for the APAC region, leading a team of Account Managers and Business Development professionals.
• Define "success" with the team based on our strategic plan, and support the team to achieve that vision.
• Continue to develop and challenge a strong and motivated team through skill-based training and mentoring, ensuring delivery of our business objectives and our financial targets with the team.
• Hold regular 1:1 coaching sessions with team members to identify competencies that can be improved, agree to a professional development plan and support them in achieving their potential.
• Architect and implement business strategies across the region to optimize each partner relationship to help position GPS as the partner of choice in the industry.
• Collaborate and influence across internal teams, including Product, Analytics, Finance and Strategy, to articulate the needs of our partner base.
• Lead the sales process in the region to enhance existing partnerships (through up-selling of product and services and sales optimization) and build strong long-term strategic commercial relationships, formalized in enduring contractual agreement.
• Drive day-to-day performance of GPS partnerships and work towards resolution of issues as they arise.
• Define and deliver continued improvement in marketing contribution to GPS business leveraged through insightful measurement and ROI analysis of the region and its major partners on an ongoing basis.
• Consistent track record in successfully managing key accounts in a B2B environment.
• Experience within the airline, travel technology/distribution industry preferred.
• In-depth understanding of cultural nuances across the region and ability to adapt business style accordingly.
• Proven track record in building and developing high-performing teams.
• Outstanding communication, sales, and negotiation skills
• Superior analytical skills, using data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions.
• Proven team leadership experience, with ability to influence all levels of management in a matrix organized, global company.
• Ability to operate independently and to manage to objectives and company’s goals.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing market environment.
• Solution-based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology.
• Strong customer focus and relationship-building skills.
• Experience managing across markets a plus.
• Approximately 30% travel, as partners and team members are based across APAC.
• University degree.
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese or Korean a plus.