Vice President, Cat Modeling Development-SIN0010Z
• An opportunity to work for a market leader
• Work in a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented, and intellectually stimulating environment
• Be part of a dynamic and supportive team
As a leading integrated solutions provider to the (re)insurance industry, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services, and industry-leading analytics.
At Guy Carpenter, leadership goes deeper than management. Over 2,000 professionals work here. Most of them are the very best in the world in highly specialized fields. We are an organization of innovators: in the transfer of risk, in new forms of capital, in actuarial science and analytics. These are the people that our clients want to see on their business: people who know, people who listen, people who deliver new ways to succeed.
We are now seeking bright and ambitious professional to join the Research & Development team. Located in Singapore, this position will be attractive to someone who thrives in the intellectually challenging and stimulating atmosphere of a leading global consulting firm.
• Develop models to quantify the impact of natural perils, in particular floods, tornados, hail storms, earthquakes and windstorms
• Use historical weather data, tropical cyclone data, and earthquake data to quantify the hazard potential for natural perils.
• Apply vulnerability and financial information to estimate the loss potential in extreme events.
• Create software for quantifying the natural peril risk.
We are seeking for a highly motivated candidate who have excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
In addition you should possess:
• University degree in Geographical Information Systems, electrical engineering, atmospheric science, hydrology, or seismology preferred
• Over 5 years of insurance/reinsurance experience, with relevant experience/exposure in cat modelling and model development
• Proficient in English
• Good problem solving skills and proactive aptitude
• Shows initiative
• Knowledge of Python and R preferred but not required
• Strong GIS skills
• Ability to organise and synthesise data
• Good programming skills
• Well-versed in office software
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, click APPLY NOW!