HR People Partner, Singapore
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. We are in need of an HR People Partner who will align business objectives with employees and management for our Singapore business operations. You are effectively a consultant to management on business issues, a coach to managers and champion for our employees.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly. This role is all about enabling our managers to be better people managers - coaching, advising and accompanying our people on their career journey at Uber. You’ll also partner with the global P&P teams in order to execute our people strategy in the region….and as we are growing so fast have the unique opportunities to play a part in building out programs and processes from scratch.
• Natural leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
• A champion of culture and Diversity & Inclusion. You understand culture and the importance of inclusion and diversity in general and how to impact and drive change.
• Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
• Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
• Obsessive about improving the experience of Uber employees.
• A great “face” for the People team: You are self-aware and well-spoken on the phone, video conferences, email and in-person. You’re a great listener, open and approachable to people of all levels
• Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you love the feeling of have accomplished a big win as part of a team!
• A team player. You understand the power of collaboration and teaming in order to get stuff done
• Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth.
You’ll be tasked with supporting our teams on the ground in addition to:
• Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
• Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
• Be knowledgeable about our business.
• Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
• Identify training needs for different employee groups and individual manager coaching needs.
• Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
• A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant HR, ideally supporting revenue generating teams.
• Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
• Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
• A track record of providing HR consultation to management on talent and people issues.
• Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
• Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
• Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
• Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Employees are given Uber credits every month.
• Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
• The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
• Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.