If you’re someone who’s inspired by technology at scale, by joining Mediacorp, you will be part of the team powering Singapore’s largest news network. Work with the core development team and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
As a Platform Engineer, you will:
• Maintain complex, content distribution applications on diverse domains.
• Use the latest tools and techniques. CDNs, Caching Servers and Advanced Caching Concepts like Bloom Filters.
• Understand Java applications (better to have hands-on coding experiences) along with any other scripting language (shell, perl, etc).
• Maintain high availability and stability of Coremedia CMS and sites.
More about You:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and consulting. You love challenging yourself to constantly enhance, and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex and diverse problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make great things happen.
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the ecosystem.
• 4 to 8 years of experience in supporting and maintaining Java and J2EE CMS systems
• Hands-on experience in fine-tuning Apache Tomcat applications (analysis, debugging and fixing high CPU / memory consumptions; 500 application error; etc)
• Great trouble shooting and problem solving skills, strong sense of urgency in issue recovering
• Familiarity with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL, and non-relational databases (MongoDB)
• Familiarity with Linux operation system and Apache services
• Familiarity with CDNs, Memcached and Varnish
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related fields or equivalent.