Summary of Job Description
• Installing, upgrading, configuring, testing and migrating of databases.
• Managing all database related access permissions and privileges.
• Performing databases normalization and optimization.
Data Backup/Recovery and Database Continuity Planning
• Developing, managing, testing and carrying out backup and recovery plans/processes for various sites (Example: replication, redundancy, clustering, etc.).
Configuration and Design
• Mapping out the conceptual physical and logical designs for planned database landscape (Database type, version, methodology).
• Build database schema, tables, procedures, permissions and views.
• Implement data models and database designs, together with any web-based programming stack (PHP, ASP, JSP, RUBY, etc).
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
• Ensure database consistency, as well as unformed accessibility across the organization.
• Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly as well as capacity planning.
• Implementation of any security mechanism (example: encryption).
• Scripting on Server-side as well as Client-side (if required).
• Working closely with IT-related projects with I.T. Manager(s) as well as web/software programmers.
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
Documentation / Report Generation
• Performing database documentation, including data standards, procedures, schemas, structures as well as User Access Matrix.
• Reports generation (Example: Daily health checks, task checklist, outage reports).
Other advantageous requirement
• Hands-on proficiency in Linux Operating System, as well as Windows Server.
• A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future designs
• Knowledge of System Administration, Linux Bash scripting, Macro Programming in Microsoft Office Application, web programming in PHP a plus.
• Able to speak English and Chinese fluently.
Interested applicants kindly provide detailed CV and salary expectations.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.