Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 130-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
The Director will be responsible for recommending the solution to the business issue or successful implementation of the change initiative, and either acting as an individual contributor or as a team lead manages the delivery of the project end to end.
• Intellectual leadership on the project (driving thinking to conclusions, owning the “answer”)
• Identifying key work activities needed to complete the project (identifying the “80:20” of what needs to be done, ensuring efficient use of team resources, balancing depth and breadth of work)
• Work planning and allocation of activities to GPC team members and client/other team members to ensure on time delivery of the project objectives
• Project management to ensure on-time completion of project and specific phases, including continual adjustment of activities and allocation depending on progress and findings
• Guiding individual team members and ensuring quality of individual and team work (including practicality of recommended solutions or implementation changes)
• On-the-job coaching and development of GPC team members working with them to develop their career plans and mentoring them on their development
• Designing and leading workshops as necessary to support problem solving and project delivery
• Creating concise and impactful written communications to Management committee and Business Unit Leadership sessions including presentations, memos and other deliverables
• Conducting formal presentations
• Client satisfaction with project (client being internal TMs, CEOs of BUs and MC)
• Efficient use of resources to deliver the project (resources used vs original plan)
• Downward feedback on performance against responsibilities above, in particular intellectual leadership, efficient project management and practicality of recommendations
Ideal candidates should:
• Have a degree from a recognized university, MBA is good to have
• Possess at least 4-5 years of pre or post-MBA level experience in a top-tier consulting firm (with key focus on Telco/Media/ Technology) or telco-related industry
• Have a minimum of 2 years of Project and People Management experience in top-tier consulting firm
• Have team management and leadership skills (experience of managing of team sizes 1-10 resources)
• Possess strong leadership and engagement skills with ability to manage across functions, levels, cultures and geographies.
• Have good communication (oral, written) and presentation skills and proven track record in interacting with all levels of management
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - independent and objective
Let’s shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.