The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) was established in 1958 as the training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). It implements training programmes, which conform to ICAO's standards and recommended practices, to meet both national and international needs for both operational and top-level management personnel. The Academy strives to stay at the forefront of developments by forging alliances with reputable aviation organisations and institutions worldwide.
There are 4 schools in SAA, namely, the School of Aviation Management, School of Aviation Safety & Security, School of Air Traffic Services, and School of Airport Emergency Services.
As the Finance manager at SAA, you will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of financial and procurement functions of the Academy. You will coordinate and prepare annual operating and capital budget, and maintain a sound system for expenditure control, payment processing, accounting, billing and collection of revenue. To maintain oversight, you will be required to present timely, accurate and reliable financial analyses, reports and statements for SAA management meetings. You will monitor the courses against the revenue budget plan and manage the framework for appointment of lecturers in the Academy. You will also perform annual review and recommendation of rental rates for SAA facilities, course fees and the forecast of KPIs.
As part of your responsibilities, you will provide value-added advice to the Academy's procurement activities and serve as the interface in the usage of the finance systems. You will also be expected to manage contracts with vendors and monitor the training funds provided. As a supervisor, you will be expected to lead junior officers in performing the various Finance functions.
You will need to work closely with CAAS Finance division on related financial, accounting, budgetary, asset and procurement matters, and coordinate the 4 Schools and various sections with Internal Audit division's audits and follow up on the observations and agreed recommendations. In addition, you will ensure that SAA assets are fully accounted for and safeguarded in accordance with CAAS finance policies and guidelines.
• Trained in Accounting or Finance
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience
• Professional certification(s) in Chartered Accountant (Singapore), Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor and knowledge of Government Instruction Manuals would be advantageous
• Good knowledge of accounting standards and practices, internal controls, corporate governance, value-for-money practices and regulatory compliance
• Strong analytical skills, resourceful and meticulous
• Excellent written, verbal communication and writing skills
Your designation will commensurate with the relevance of your work experience.
* Note: SAA is located at 1 Aviation Drive, Singapore 499867 (near Changi Village)