The Head of Payment Operations sits within Group Technology and Operations, and reports to the Singapore Head of Retail Operations. You will lead and manage the Payment Team in providing efficient payment support and services spanning across retail banking products. The team consists of 3 main divisions covering cheque clearing, GIRO and accounts maintenance.
This is an exciting opportunity where the candidate is given the opportunity and management support to improve the control and service standards. He/she will also be heavily involved in key strategic projects which will not only shape the payment operation but also the entire Retail banking operations to new greater standard. Major responsibilities include:
• Formulate and review the service delivery strategies, policies and procedures
• Participate in projects surrounding new business model and processing for payments
• Implement and maintain effective internal control system in the operating process to minimize the risk exposure to the business
• Champion the streamlining or re-engineering of operational workflow process and the continuous improvement of the operational platform for Payment operations
• Keep abreast of new changes, new products and practices within the industry (GIRO payment system etc)
• Ensure that customer payment instructions are executed correctly and timely.
• Build a high performing team through development and motivation of staff.
To excel in the role, you should possess the following qualifications/qualities:
• Has relevant retail banking experience in payment operations preferred
• Has experience managing large groups(>50)
• Preference for candidates with strong change management background within payment operations
• A proven track record in team management
• Performance driven, forward look and able to think outside of the box
• Ability to deal with staff at all levels of organization and deliver under pressure
• Strong change mind-set, be highly adaptable and has excellent stakeholder management skills.